Thursday, August 30, 2012

Third times a charm.....


I've attempted two sweaters for myself since learning to knit. The first I understood nothing about gauge, I was simply eager to start with the supplies I had and it ended up being too small and was given as a gift to my mother. The second sweater seemed everything I was looking for.  However, once I had it complete I was not happy with the length of the body so I tore it apart. The second time I was unhappy with the sleeves. SO the third time is a charm. While looking on ravelry.com (trying to make the time spent on our elliptical go faster) I came across this Courtney Spainhower's recipe for an Eyelet Yoke Sweater. BINGO! The only problem was that the pattern was written for a size 34 bust and that I'm not. SO I sat and ran the numbers (me, doing math willingly, who knew right?) and this is what I came up with:
It's still a work in progress, but I'm in love!
What a perfect sweater for fall!!
If you are interested please visit Courtney's blog Pink Brutus Knits for this recipe and other wonderful ideas! Oh and I loved it that her daughter is named Alizah, since we have an Eliza also.

No comments:

Post a Comment